Enter Keyword Below
Listen for the keywords at 7a, 10a, 1p and 5p Central time on ONE of the stations listed in the Official Rules:
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Cumulus Kansas City Collective Chiefs Kingdom Flyaway 2019 Contest Entry. Message and Data Rates May Apply. See Official Rules below for full details for Cumulus Kansas City Collective Chiefs Kingdom Flyaway 2019 Contest.
101 The Fox, 94.9 KCMO, 710 KCMO, 102.5 JACK-FM, 1051 The X, and Magic 107.3’s, 957 the VIBE
“CHIEFS Kingdom Flyaway” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KCFX-FM, KCMO-FM, KCMO-AM, KCMO-HD2, KCJK-FM, KMJK-FM, and KCHZ-FM (collectively “Stations” and individually, each a “Station”), owned and operated by CMP KC LLC. or one of its subsidiary companies, 5800 Foxridge Drive, Suite 600, Mission, KS 66202, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Stations will conduct the Cumulus Kansas City Radio Station Group’s “Chiefs KINGDOM Flyaway” Collective Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- This Collective Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 30 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cumulus Media, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 7:00a.m CT on October 28, 2019 and will run through 5:59 p.m., CT on November 8, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter: Entering this Contest is a two (2) step process. Listen to one (1) of the Stations listed above for the Secret Keyword to be announced and then timely submit the correctly-spelled Secret Keyword using one (1) of the methods listed below during each Contest Round in order to receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Contest Round:
STEP ONE: Tune into and listen to one (1) of the Stations listed above weekdays during the Contest Period. A Station may announce up to, but not more than four (4) different Secret Keywords per each weekday during the Contest Period (each a “Contest Round”). Stations keywords may be announced weekdays on the Stations in the 7:00 am hour (Contest Round 1), 10:00 am hour (Contest Round 2), 1:00 pm hour (Contest Round 3), and/or 5:00 pm hour (Contest Round 4) during the Contest Period. ALL CONTEST TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE. The Secret Keyword announced in any given Contest Round will be the same Secret Keyword announced on all Stations who participate during any particular Contest Round.
STEP TWO: Listeners may either (i) text in an entry into a particular Contest Round to short code 68683 using a mobile device or (ii) enter via the Free Alternative Method of Entry. Limit One (1) Entry per person/telephone number/email address per Contest Round, regardless of the method of entry. Entry by sending a text message will not improve your chance of winning:
(i) Text Entry Method. When listeners hear the Secret Keyword for a particular Contest Round, participants should Send a text message to short code 68683, with the secret keyword, correctly spelled (the one (1) correctly texted Secret Keyword is an “Entry”). All entries must be correctly spelled and received into the texting system no later than forty-five (45) minutes past the top of the hour when a Secret Keyword is announced, in order to be eligible to win that hour/Contest Round’s prize. Incorrect, misspelled, late and/or texting system rejected entries will not be entered to win. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the United States major wireless carriers, but the Station makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate or that a wireless carrier’s texting service will timely or accurately deliver the text message via the short code. All entries must be received by 5:59 p.m., CT on November 8, 2019, to be eligible for the grand prize drawing. OR
(ii) Free Alternative Method of Entry. To enter a Contest Round without sending a text message during a designated Contest Round, timely visit the website http://www.101thefox.net/cumulus-kansas-city-collective-chiefs-flyaway-2019/ and fully complete the Entry Form by (a) correctly typing in the Secret Keyword, (b) including a telephone number (cell phone or landline), including area code, and (c) timely submitting the designated Secret Keyword. You must successfully submit the Secret Keyword correctly spelled and your complete and accurate registration information no later than forty-five (45) minutes past the top of the hour when a Secret Keyword is announced in order to receive a valid entry.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/TELEPHONE NUMBER/EMAIL ADDRESS PER CONTEST ROUND, REGARDLESS OF WHICH METHOD OF ENTRY IS USED, AS OUTLINED ABOVE. TEXTING IN THE ENTRY WILL NOT IMPROVE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
Additional Details Regarding Entering the Contest
- Listeners may participate up to four (4) times each weekday, per telephone number/email address, during the Contest Period, but only once (one (1) time) per Contest Round, regardless of the entry method used by Participant. Each Station listed above, will qualify participants up to four (4) times per weekday during the Contest Period. Listeners are allowed to text once per each of the Contest Rounds, up to four (4) separate Contest Rounds each weekday, for a total of up to four (4) entries per weekday (Monday – Friday) during the Contest Period (each correct Secret Keyword an “Entry” and 3 collectively “Entries”). The one (1) Hourly Qualifying Prize Winner will be chosen from all the entries who correctly text in to a particular Contest Round, from all Stations that participated in a particular Contest Round, and whose text, is received no later than forty-five (45) minutes past the top of the hour after the Secret Keyword is announced. The maximum amount of correct entries possible from a single telephone number/email address, per Contest Round is limited to One (1) Entry per person/telephone number per Contest Round. Therefore, multiple entries of the same Secret Keyword via text will not increase the chances of winning.
- Contest Round Times May Vary. Actual Contest Round start times may vary. Individual Stations may first announce a Secret Keyword as early as ten (10) minutes before the top of the hour, and as late as six (6) minutes after the top of the hour in a particular Contest Round, as designated in the above.
- REGARDLESS OF THE ACTUAL TIME(S) AT WHICH ANY STATION ANNOUNCES A SECRET KEYWORD, ENTRIES FOR A PARTICULAR CONTEST ROUND WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM AS EARLY AS TEN (10) MINUTES PRIOR TO THE TOP OF ANY HOUR AT WHICH A CONTEST ROUND IS SCHEDULED TO BE ANNOUNCED THROUGH FORTY-FIVE (45) MINUTES AFTER SUCH HOUR (for example, from 7:50 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.) (each an “Entry Period”)
- May Announce Only Once or More Than Once. A Station may, but is not obligated to, announce a particular Secret Keyword more than once; provided however, the number of times in which any Station may announce a Secret Keyword in any Contest Round may vary by individual Station(s) and/or by subsequent Contest Round(s).
- May Spell the Secret Keyword. A Station may, but is not obligated to, spell out the correct spelling of a Secret Keyword once or more than once; provided however, should a Station choose to spell out a Secret Keyword during a particular Contest Round such Station may vary whether or not it spells a Secret Keyword during any subsequent Contest Round(s).
- TIME DELAY BETWEEN OVER-THE-AIR ANALOG SIGNAL AND INTERNET BROADCAST: Due to the time delay that exists between a Station’s analog over-the-air signal and a Station’s online internet based stream or app, listeners who listen to a Station online or via an app may hear the Secret Keyword cue to enter later than listeners listening to a Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning a prize in this Contest may be diminished.
- Bounceback Text Message. Participants may receive a bounce back text message (a response due to Participant participating) from Station with confirmation of Contest Round entry or letting the Participant know they were not entered due to untimely or an incorrect Entry, but will receive no additional offers, information or message content. Texts to the short code or an incorrect short code may result in one or more automatic bounce back messages, for which Participants may incur a fee from his/her provider.
- Complete and Timely Submitted Information. Entries must contain ALL information requested, must be timely submitted, and must comply with all Content submission requirements set forth herein in order to be a valid Entry. By participating in the Contest, participants agree that the Station may contact them via telephone at the number provided during registration or by text message, at the telephone number from which the text message entry was received. Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier may apply, and Station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Participant. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any Participant to submit more than one (1) entry per Contest Round by using multiple/different telephone numbers, identities, or any other method will void that Participant from further participation in the Contest. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late (whether due to 4 Participant error or technical malfunction), incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected entries, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the telephone number used to register will be deemed to be the one (1) and only one (1) Participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Qualifying Selection. After the Entry Period for a Contest Round has closed and no later than two (2) hours after an Entry Period has closed, Station will select one (1) Entry in a random drawing from among all the valid Entries cumulatively received from each of the two (2) entry methods listed above from all of the Stations, as detailed above, during that particular Contest Round, who will then be deemed the potential Hourly Qualifier, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. The potential Hourly Qualifier will be contacted by the Station using the telephone number submitted to the shortcode listed above. PARTICIPANTS MUST ANSWER THE TELEPHONE AND MUST AGREE TO HAVE THE TELEPHONE CONVERSATION RECORDED BY THE STATION AND AGREE TO BE INTERVIEWED FOR ANY BROADCAST OR COMMERCIAL RELEASE CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, IN ORDER TO BE DETERMINED A DESIGNATED WINNER AND TO HAVE THE PRIZE AWARDED. The Station will make up to two (2) telephone call attempts within a three (3) minute timeframe, as determined in a Station’s sole discretion. The potential Hourly Qualifier telephone number must be answered by a live person, and the person who texted in or submitted online the Entry must be immediately available. On the second (2nd) attempt to reach the potential Hourly Qualifier, telephone numbers answered by voicemail will be immediately disqualified. Should a number be answered by a voicemail on the second attempt or the person is unavailable for any reason, the Station may select another potential Hourly Qualifier in its sole discretion. This process will continue until a potential Hourly Qualifier who entered the Contest answers the telephone. Station is not obligated to and will not leave a voicemail or other message when contacting a potential Hourly Qualifier, either on the first or second attempted phone call by the Station. The potential Hourly Qualifier (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance and continued compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the Contest are final and binding. THE STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DETERMINE AN ALTERNATE WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES IN THE EVENT THAT ANY WINNER IS DISQUALIFIED, CANNOT BE CONTACTED, OR IS DEEMED INELIGIBLE FOR ANY REASON, OR IS NOT AVAILABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY APPLICABLE CONTEST EVENTS HOSTED BY STATION.
- Grand Prize Winner Selection. On November 11, 2019, after 7:00 a.m. CT Station will select one (1) entry for the Grand Prize in a random drawing from all valid qualifying entries received by all Stations during the Contest Period. The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Grand Prize. One (1) grand prize will be awarded in this contest. The Grand Prize is a trip for two (2) to Foxborough, MA, including two (2) night hotel stay in the area, one (1) single room double occupancy, roundtrip coach airfare for up to two (2) from Kansas City to TF Green International Airport, two (2) tickets to see Kansas City vs. New England Sunday December 8, 2019 at 4:25 PM Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, MA. ARV of Grand Prize: Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500.00). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Grand Prize Trip must be taken between December 7, 2019 and December 9, 2019. Travel dates are non-negotiable. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guest must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Grand Prize Trip is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s sole discretion Should Winner be unable to travel for any reason the Grand Prize Winner may select an alternate cash payout in the amount of one thousand seven hundred and fifty dollars ($1,750.00) Once the Winner selects the cash payout, he/she cannot change his/her mind and then revert back to selecting the trip. The choice of the Grand Prize, trip or cash, once selected, is final and binding. If grand prize winner chooses to forego the trip. Cash buyout will be paid by check and will arrive 6-12 weeks after tax documents are completed and returned to the Station. Tax documents must be returned no later than September 9, 2019, or the Winner forfeits the Grand Prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, CMP KC, LLC, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CMP KC LLC, 5800 Foxridge Drive, Suite 600, Mission, KS 66202.